Sunday, June 28, 2009
Man, this sure was a tiresome project. My machine was not happy about it at all, but I am finally finished with it. There are 56 squares in it to make it a generous queen, and the tshirts that I got were great. They really made it a fun quilt. The label and the backing color were both specified by my customer (a great, really understanding woman who trusted me- a complete stranger- with her son's memories... yikes). I think it turned out pretty nice, though, and I am looking forward to tackling the next one that comes my way!
Monday, March 23, 2009
I have started working on another tshirt blanket and I am so excited! It only took about 3 hours to cut everything out which is a new record for me! There are 56 squares that I am using to make a queen size quilt, so it was a lot of cutting. Anyway, I am really looking forward to getting it sewn together and quilted so I can give it back to the lady I am making it for. Hopefully it will be a quick one! We will have to see how it goes though.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Here is a quilt I just finished for a friend of mine. She gave me this quilt back in January and I finally got around to finishing it for her. She had the quilt all put together and the quilting inside the squares with the girls was all hand-done by her. I just did the colored squares/rectangles, and I added the color on the white border (it was all white when she gave it to me but the space was too big to quilt nicely, so I decided to add the color to break it up a little bit). She did it differently than I normally make quilts, so that added an extra challenge, but it was fun and now it is nice to finally see the finished product. Thank you for letting me do this for you L.A.!